To support students using Explore Food to analyse recipes we have created six worksheets. You can download and use:
- Using Explore Food (a useful starting activity to nutritional analysis);
- My recipe (help structure their recipe analysis);
- Modifying a recipe (challenge students to modify a recipe for health);
- Nutrition labels (help students create a new food label);
- Investigating portion sizes (model the effect of portion size on nutrition);
- High, medium or low? (compare a recipe to the traffic light system).
A further eight worksheets are available to help support students using the Explore Food label tool:
- Create a label (instructions for creating labels for students' recipes);
- Comparing the label (compare the nutrition labels of different foods);
- DRV's challenge (create a recipe and label and compare with DRV's);
- Food labelling worksheet (use Explore Food to complete the recipe information);
- Food labelling supplement sheet (use with Food labelling worksheet);
- Recipe modification (change a recipe to make it healthier);
- Allergen labelling (identify the allergens in different recipes);
- Label maths (calculate the RI's of different foods).