Year 6 - Grab and go!
This scheme of work has been developed to help pupils investigate products to inform the designing and making of their own on the go product. Pupils will learn about nutrients, water and fibre and how a healthy, varied diet is needed to provide these. Pupils will practice food preparation skills and cooking safely and hygienically. Pupils will explore food packaging and how it helps us understand and make choices about what we eat. The learning in this scheme is delivered in the context of designing and making a healthier all-in-one style product to be eaten on the go.
- Pupils will learn about nutrients, water and fibre and their role in a healthy, varied diet.
- Pupils will investigate products and undertake research to generate ideas for their own product.
- Pupils will design and make dishes safety and hygienically for the intended user based on design criteria.
- Pupils will evaluated their product.
- Pupils will design suitable packaging for their product.
Download the Grab and go! scheme of work and six lesson plans below. These can be edited to suit the needs of your class.