Each month a webinar will take place - a webinar is a live presentation over the internet.
All teachers registered to the Food Teacher Professional Portfolio programme will be sent details of where to log-in and participate.
2016/17 Dairy dates
- 13/09 Building a whole school approach to food education and nutrition (Guideline 2.1 & 2.2)
- 4/10 Support for GCSE NEA 1 (The Food Investigation Assessment) - How to run a safe, effective and meaningful food investigation (Guideline 5)
- 15/11 Teaching food when you’re not a specialist – help, advice and support session (Guideline 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9)
- 06/12 Support for NEA 2 (The Food Preparation Assessment) - Analysing, evaluating and modifying recipes and dishes (Guideline 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8)
- 10/01 Managing a Food department (including a department of 1!) and supporting non-specialist teachers (Guideline 1, 4, 5, 9)
- 07/02 Behaviour change and healthy eating (Guideline 7)
- 14/03 Professional practice – writing schemes of work/lesson plans and ensuring transition (primary to secondary) and progression (Guideline 3)
- 25/04 Teaching strategies during a practical lesson, differentiation, pupil choice and personalisation of cooking activities, encourage independence and decision making skills
- (Guideline 5)
- 16/05 Teaching food in special schools (Guideline 3,4,5,6,7,8 & 9)
- 06/06 Factors affecting food choice (Guideline 8)
- 4/07 Applying aspects of consumer awareness (Guideline 8)
Test your connection
If you haven’t taken part in a webinar before, it is a good idea to test your connection before the event on the computer you will use.
The webinar broadcasting system requires an up-to-date flash player.
You can test your connection by following this link: https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
If using a MAC or PC, simply follow the link provided.
Connecting from a mobile device - download the appropriate software and add the link provided.