This section contains nine case studies for secondary school pupils on different aspects of energy and nutrients. Each case study includes a set of questions for pupils to answer.
Case studies include:
- Sheltered housing (osteoporosis);
- Community dietitian (vitamin D);
- Georgine Morris (dietary reference values);
- Nutrition during pregnancy (folate);
- Jaz and Ben (vegetarian diets and protein);
- Joyce and Albert Wells (needs of older people);
- The drinks initiative (consumption of alcohol);
- The right route for a healthy diet (healthy weight);
- Wartime rationing.
Last reviewed: 30/11/2012
Next review date: 01/12/2015