200g mashed potato, cooled
100g cod, cooked and bones removed
60g frozen mixed vegetables
Small handful of parsley leaves
Baking tray, plastic food bag, large plate, weighing scales, small bowl, mixing spoon, chopping board, oven gloves, fish slice.
- Preheat oven to 220°C or gas mark 7.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Crush the oat cakes in a food bag and tip onto the plate.
- Place the potato, fish and frozen vegetables into the bowl.
- Tear the parsley leaves in to small pieces.
- Mix everything together.
- Divide the mixture into four.
- Shape each portion into a cake (or a fish).
- Press each side of the cake into the crushed oatcakes.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Make them zingy! Add a little grated lemon or lime zest to your fish cake mixture.
- Swap the cod for smoked haddock.
- Serve the fish cakes with a crispy salad.
- Instead of oatcakes, why not try other savoury biscuits such as crackers?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?