8 rashers unsmoked bacon
4 ripe vine tomatoes, halved
For the waffles:
1.5 x 5ml spoon baking powder
Half red onion, finely chopped
50g cheddar cheese, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
250ml semi-skimmed milk
2 x 5ml spoon vegetable oil or butter
Non-stick baking tray, sieve, large bowl, spoon, waffle iron or non-stick frying pan, pallet knife, plates.
- Preheat the oven to 190⁰C, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the sausages on non-stick baking tray and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the bacon and tomato halves and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the sausages are thoroughly cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile make the batter for the waffles.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and stir in the onion and cheese.
- Mix the eggs into the milk and pour it into the well.
- Season, mix well and set aside.
- Heat the waffle iron and grease with butter if necessary.
- Once hot, add large spoonfuls of the batter.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through and transfer to warm plates.
- Cut the sausages in half and layer in the waffles with the bacon and tomatoes.
If you do not have a waffle iron, you can use the batter to make pancakes, cook them in a large non-stick frying pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?