450g jumbo porridge oats
4 x 5ml spoon vegetable oil
4 x 5ml spoon honey
1 x 5ml spoon vanilla extract
75g flaked almonds
50g sesame seeds
25g flax seed
115g assorted fresh berries
4 x 5ml spoon maple syrup
Large baking sheet, spoon, small saucepan, bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160⁰C or Gas Mark 4.
- Place the rolled oats onto a large baking sheet, place in the oven and toast for approx. 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey and vanilla and heat until warm.
- In a bowl combine to gather, almonds, cashews, sesame seeds and flax seeds.
- Pour over the warmed honey mixture and stir well, then pour over the oats.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes in order to avoid becoming too brown.
- When cooked and toasted, add the raisins and cool.
Store in an airtight container and serve for breakfast with fresh fruit and honey or maple syrup and yogurt.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?