50g wholemeal flour
50g fine oatmeal
½ x 5ml spoon dried yeast
15g melted butter
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
2 medium eggs
2 x 15ml spoon milk
1 x 15ml spoon chopped chives
Bowl, 2 x spoons, whisk, jug, frying pan, pallet knife or fish slice, saucepan.
- Mix together the flour, oatmeal, yeast and season well.
- Whisk in the butter and 125ml of tepid water.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add 4 large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan to make 4 oatcakes.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs and milk in a small saucepan and cook, stirring until scrambled.
- Top the oatcakes with scrambled eggs and sprinkle over the chives.
Try making smaller pancakes instead, great for a quick snack. Serve with grilled bacon or sausages.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?