4 wholemeal muffins
125g pack smoked trout
2 x 15ml spoon chopped chives
25g butter softened
4 medium eggs
Teaspoon, baking sheet, fork.
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C, Gas Mark 3.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the centre of each muffin to leave a case about 5mm thick.
- Reserve the centres for making breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Roughly flake the trout in a bowl and mix using a fork with the chives, butter and a little salt and pepper.
- Press the paste around the sides of the muffins so the edges of the bread are coated.
- Break an egg into the centre of each and season lightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the eggs are lightly cooked.
Try other herbs such as parsley, tarragon or fennel in place of the chives or other smoked fish e.g. salmon or mackerel instead of trout.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?