1 large flat mushroom
1 large tomato
4 rashers lean bacon
1 small can baked beans
Dash of vinegar
Chopping board, knife, can opener, saucepans, plate.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- wash the mushroom and tomato;
- slice the mushroom thickly;
- slice the tomato in half.
2. Spray the mushroom and tomato with a little oil.
3. Lay the mushroom, tomato and bacon on a grill pan.
4. Grill for 6-8 minutes.
5. Gently warm the baked beans – either in a saucepan or microwave.
6. Check the bacon, tomato and mushroom under the grill.
7. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add a dash of rice vinegar and gently crack an egg into the water.
8. Poach the egg in the simmering water for 3-4 minutes until set.
9. Serve all the food together on a plate.
- Look for baked beans with no added sugar and opt for reduced salt bacon to make the breakfast healthier.
- Use back bacon rather than streaky and remove the fat before eating.
- Large cans of baked beans can be better value than small ones. Share with a friend or store leftovers in a plastic container in the fridge for the next day.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?