1x5ml spoon mixed herbs
1x15ml spoon parmesan
2 chicken breasts or 200g thighs (or myco-protein pieces)
1x15ml spoon plain flour
Grater, chopping board, two small bowls, fork, small plate, sharp knife, red chopping board, baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
- Grate the cheese and place in a small bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and herbs and mix.
- Pour the flour onto a small plate.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken into ‘nuggets (approximately 4cm x 3cm chunks) using a clean chopping board. Ideally a red one.
- Dust the chicken in the flour.
- Dip in the beaten egg.
- Roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for all the chicken pieces. Thoroughly wash and dry your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add garlic, chilli, fresh herbs or spices to the breadcrumbs.
- Change the chicken for pieces of fish, such as cod and haddock.
- Make your own breadcrumbs – either whiz bread in a blender or use a grater. Try different types of bread for variety.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?