1 garlic clove
2 x 15ml spoon chives
675g lean sirloin, rump or topside steak
100ml Greek yogurt
1 x 10ml spoon ground turmeric
1 x 5ml spoon English mustard powder
10-12 small cherry tomatoes
Vegetable knife, 2 x chopping boards, garlic crusher, zester, knife, large shallow bowl, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, cling film, 6 x skewers, tongs.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and crush the garlic;
• zest the lemon;
• finely chop the chives.
2. Using a clean knife and chopping board, cut the beef steak into 2.5cm cubes.
3. In a large shallow bowl mix together the yogurt, turmeric, mustard, black pepper, garlic and lemon zest.
4. Add the cubes of beef to the bowl and stir until coated.
5. Cover and chill the beef for up to 1 hour.
6. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbeque.
7. Thread the beef and cherry tomatoes onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers.
8. Cook the kebabs for 4-6 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with the chives before serving.
• Serve with a crisp salad and a crusty wholemeal roll.
• Cayenne pepper can be used instead of mustard powder to add spice.
• If using wooden skewers, soak these beforehand to prevent burning during cooking.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?