1 x 15ml spoon oil
1.35kg lean boneless lamb shoulder
2 large sprigs mint
2 large sprigs thyme
2 medium leeks
6 New potatoes
3 garlic cloves
2 x 15ml spoon honey
150ml apple juice or cider
Flameproof dish with lid, chopping board, zester, vegetable knife, juice squeezer, measuring spoons, measuring jug, oven gloves.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof dish and brown the lamb shoulder joint on all sides.
3. Prepare the ingredients:
• roughly tear the sprigs of mint;
• roughly tear the sprigs of thyme;
• zest and juice the lemon;
• chop the leeks into chunks;
• cut the New potatoes into halves ;
• peel the garlic cloves.
4. Add the garlic, mint, thyme, lemon zest and juice and honey to the flameproof dish.
5. Pour the apple juice or cider around the meat.
6. Place the lid on top and cook in the oven for an hour.
7. Remove the lid and add the leeks and potatoes to the liquid.
8. Return the dish to the oven and cook for a further hour until the meat is tender and well browned and the leeks and potatoes are tender.
9. Rest the meat for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Slice the lamb and serve with new potatoes, leeks and seasonal vegetables.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?