1 x 10ml spoon olive oil
4 lean thick pork chops
2 cloves garlic
50g chorizo sausage
1 pork stock cube
300ml boiling water
1 can (approx 400g) butter beans
1 can (approx 400g) baked beans
3 x 15ml spoon tomato puree
Oven-proof pan with lid, measuring spoons, kettle, measuring jug, knife, chopping board, juice squeezer, vegetable peeler, oven gloves.
1. Pre-heat the oven 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
• crush the garlic;
• thinly slice the chorizo;
• roughly chop the parsley.
3. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan, add the lean lamb shanks and brown all over.
4. Heat the oil in a large heatproof casserole pot and brown the chops on all sides for 3-4 minutes. Stir well to coat the meat.
5. Add the garlic, Chorizo sausage and stir well until combined.
6. Add the boiling water to the crushed stock cube to make up the stock.
7. Drain the canned butter beans.
8. Add the stock, butter beans, baked beans, parsley and tomato puree.
9. Mix well and cover with a tight fitting lid.
10. Cook in the oven for approximately 1½ hours or until the meat is tender.
Serve with fresh green seasonal vegetables and crusty brown bread for dipping!
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?