2 lean back bacon rashers
4 chipolata sausages
1 x 15ml spoon oil
450g lean pork leg cubes
1 x 15ml spoon dark brown sugar
1 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
400g can baked beans
1 pork stock cube
150ml boiling water
Knife, chopping board, oven-proof casserole pot and lid, measuring spoons, weighing scales, mixing spoon, measuring jug, oven gloves.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
- Finely chop the bacon.
- Squeeze, twist and cut the chipolata sausages to make 8 smaller sausages.
- Add the oil to the ovenproof casserole pot and heat on the hob.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork, chipolata sausages and bacon.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the brown sugar, tomato purée, baked beans, pork stock cube and boiling water to the casserole dish.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, cover and cook in the oven for 1-1¼ hours until the pork cubes are tender.
Serve with creamy mash, green beans and carrot sticks.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?