1 small onion
450g lean beef mince
1 x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
1 x 15ml spoon sweet chilli sauce
50g blue cheese, e.g. Stilton
Knife, chopping board, fork, small mixing bowl, weighing scales, large mixing bowl, measuring spoons, large plate, cling film, tongs, oven gloves.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and finely chop the onion;
• beat the egg in a small bowl.
2. Place the beef mince, breadcrumbs, onion, beaten egg, mixed herbs, sweet chilli sauce, crumbled blue cheese and a few twists of black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients together.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 evenly-sized portions with damp hands.
5. Shape each portion into a round shape and gently press down.
6. Place the burgers on a clean plate, cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes, if time allows.
7. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbecue.
8. Transfer the burgers to a grill pan.
9. Cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and any meat juices run clear.
• The ultimate beef burgers can be served with bread rolls, lettuce and potato wedges.
• To create Herby burgers combine beef mince, chopped spring onions, chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and mango chutney.
• To create Sun-dried tomato burgers combine beef mince, chopped onion, oregano, mint, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?