400g large potatoes
150g broccoli florets
175g self-raising flour
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
2 x 5ml spoon mixed dried herbs
150ml semi-skimmed milk
2 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
75g wafer thin ham
50g smoked flavour cheese
Weighing scales, knife, 2 saucepans, colander, bowl, potato masher, sieve, 5ml spoon, measuring jug, wooden spoon, flour dredger, baking sheet, 15ml spoon, grater.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225°C (425°F) or gas mark 7.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and cut the potatoes into even sized pieces;
- slice the tomatoes;
- grate the cheese.
3. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool, then mash.
4. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli florets in a small pan of water for 3 minutes, drain and set aside.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the potato and herbs and stir to combine. Add the milk and mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly to form into a smooth ball.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet. Press out evenly to a 23cm round. Put into the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza base and lower the temperature of the oven to 200°C (400°F) or gas mark 6.
7. Spread the tomato purée over the surface; arrange the tomatoes on top then scatter over the broccoli and ham. Finally add the cheese then bake in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edge of the base is crisp.
- Use a cutter to make mini, bite sized pizzas.
- Use different ingredients such as tuna, olives and thinly sliced red onion.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?