Join Simon as he discusses the importance of understanding and applying the information provided on food labels and, in particular, nutrition and health claims using everyday examples. Simon will also explain how nutrition and health claims are regulated. You can also find out how you can contribute to scientific research around nutrition and health claims.
• Food labels –their purpose and information provided.
• Nutrition and health claims – what are they?
• Understanding nutrition and health claims, using practical examples.
• How nutrition and health claims are regulated – now and in the future.
• How you can contribute to scientific research and have your say on how health claims are presented on food labels.
• Links to Food – a fact of life resources.
• Suggestions for further reading and sources of information.
• Opportunity to ask questions of Simon about food labels and nutrition and health claims.
• Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about nutrition and health claims.
• Find out more about the EU/EIT funded Health Claims Unpacked research project and how you can get involved.
• Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
• Sources of further support and information will be made available.
• A certificate of attendance will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
• The webinar supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills – backed by government.
UK trainee, new and more experienced teachers across all phases.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?