A practical webinar where participants will be encouraged to simultaneously try out the food skills being demonstrated and discussed. The webinar will cover a selection of food preparation skills and how these can be safely used in the primary school classroom. The focus of this skill-a-long will be the use of cereals (flour) to develop pupil’s food skills, such as making a dough, forming and shaping.
- A demonstration of a selection of food skills.
- Information about teaching food in the primary classroom.
- Links to Food – a fact of life
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about practical food in the primary school classroom.
- Signposts to free, editable resources for use in the classroom.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The webinar supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills– backed by government.
- Primary school teachers
- Trainee primary school teachers
- Teaching/Classroom Assistants who support practical food sessions in primary schools.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?