1/2 green chilli
1 clove garlic
1x15ml spoon coriander
1x10ml spoon oil
1 small chicken breast (or 3-4 thighs)
1/2 green pepper
25g cheddar cheese
1x15ml spoon guacamole (or salsa), optional
Chopping boards, knives, juice squeezer, garlic press, mixing bowl, grater, wok or saucepan, measuring spoon, 2 metal spoons, weighing scales.
1. Prepare the marinade:
- squeeze the lime;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- de-seed and slice the chilli;
- chop the coriander;
- stir everything together with the oil.
2. Remove any skin from the chicken and cut into strips, ideally using a red board. Thoroughly wash and dry hands after touching the raw meat. Mix with the marinade and place in the fridge, covered, until needed.
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients with a fresh knife on a clean chopping board:
- slice the onion and green pepper;
- chop the tomato;
- grate the cheese.
4. Add the marinated chicken to the wok or frying pan and stir-fry for about 4 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked.
5. Add the onion and green pepper and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Spread a little chicken in the centre of the tortilla, add some tomato, cheese and guacamole, then roll up.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave oven for 20 seconds.
- Go for extra vegetables for a vegetarian alternative.
- Other types of meat could be used, e.g. thin strips of beef or turkey.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?