1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 red chilli
200g lamb mince
1 x 5ml spoon cumin
1 sprig of parsley, mint and coriander
Chopping boards, knife, fork, food processor, flour dredger, skewers.
- Peel the onion and cut in half.
- Peel the garlic.
- Cut off the top of the chilli and remove the seeds.
- Put the onion, chilli and garlic into the food processor and blitz.
- Add the mince, cumin and herbs and blitz together.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a chopping board, then divide and shape the mixture into 8 balls.
- Thread the meat balls onto the skewers. Thoroughly wash and dry your hands after touching the raw meat.
- Carefully place the skewers onto a grill pan.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. (The meat balls should be thoroughly cooked – no pink.).
- Serve in a pitta with salad.
- If you don’t have a food processor, prepare the onion, chilli and garlic by hand. Mix everything together in a mixing bowl.
- If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water before using them so they don’t burn under the grill.
- Try serving with low fat hummus or tzatziki.
- The grill pan gets hot so remember to use oven gloves.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?