150g self raising flour
25g hard baking fat
50ml milk semi-skimmed
3 x 15ml spoons of passatta sauce
½ green pepper
50g cheese, e.g. Mozzarella
1 x 5ml spoon of dried herbs
Baking tray, weighing scales, sieve, mixing bowl, measuring jug, small bowl, fork, palette knife, flour dredger, spoon, chopping board, knife, measuring spoons, grater.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2. Line a baking tray.
3. Sieve the flour into the bowl.
4. Rub in the butter or hard baking fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl with a fork.
6. Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix together to form a soft dough.
7. Flatten out the dough on a floured surface to form a large circle.
8. Transfer the dough to the baking tray.
9. Spread the passatta sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon.
10. Prepare the vegetables:
- slice the mushrooms;
- slice the tomato;
- remove the core from the green pepper and slice into thin strips.
11. Arrange the mushrooms, tomato, green pepper and sweetcorn over the base.
12. Sprinkle or place the cheese and herbs over the top of the pizza.
13. Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Divide the dough in half and make two mini pizzas.
- Experiment with different toppings. Why not try slices of ham, tuna, red pepper, onion, or different types of cheese?
- Add herbs, spices, garlic or black pepper to the scone base mixture.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?