250g self-raising flour
2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1 x 5ml spoon cinnamon powder
100g caster sugar
Weighing scales, sieve, large bowl, measuring spoons, small bowl, fork, measuring jug, wooden spoon, muffin cases, muffin tin, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl using a fork.
- Pour the milk, oil and egg into the flour mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Carefully take the muffins out of the tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Try using other fruit such as cranberries, banana or apple.
- Use drained canned fruit instead of fresh.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?