100g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar or Caerphilly
3 x 15ml spoons of milk
¼ x 5ml spoon of made mustard
2 thick slices of bread
Chopping board, grater, measuring spoons, small mixing bowl, spoon, oven gloves, tongs, table knife, fish slice.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grate the cheese and place in the bowl.
- Add the mustard and milk to the cheese and stir everything together.
- Carefully, put the bread on a grill pan and, using the oven gloves, place under a hot grill, until the bread is toasted on one side.
- Carefully, remove the toast from the grill and place it on the chopping board untoasted side up.
- Spoon over the cheese mixture and spread it right to the edges.
- Carefully, place the toast back under the grill and cook until the cheese has melted and bubbles.
- Carefully, remove the Welsh rarebit from the grill wearing oven gloves and serve.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?