85g butter or soft baking spread
80g light brown soft sugar
A few drops of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 small ripe banana
175g self-raising flour
16 banana chips to decorate
Mixing bowl, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, metal spoons, baking tray, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- In a large bowl combine the fat, sugar and vanilla and beat together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl.
- Peel and mash the banana and add.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Sift in the flour and add the raisins.
- Mix well until all the flour is incorporated.
- Using a spoon divide the mixture into 16 equal amounts and place on the baking tray leaving space in between each to allow for spreading during cooking. Top each cookie with a banana chip.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the baking trays and transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These will store for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?