¼ white cabbage
1 medium apple
2 x 15ml spoons of low fat mayonnaise
Chopping board, sharp knife, vegetable peeler, grater, mixing bowl, measuring spoon, mixing spoon.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- shred the cabbage;
- top and tail, then peel and grate the carrot;
- core and grate the apple.
2. Place the cabbage, grated carrot and apple in the mixing bowl and add the low fat mayonnaise.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Instead of using only low fat mayonnaise experiment with different combinations of low fat mayonnaise mixed with low fat plain yogurt, fromage frais or crème fraiche.
- Try adding other vegetables such as onion or celery. Why not try making a super salad?
- You can use lots of different ingredients such as fruit, meat, fish, potatoes or rice.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?