225g coley fillets, skinned
45g corn flakes
1 x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
2 x 15ml spoons plain flour
For the tangy dip:
2 x 15ml spoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 x 15ml spoons plain yogurt
2 x 15ml spoons tomato ketchup
½ x 5ml spoon paprika
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Baking tray, weighing scales, measuring spoons, knife, chopping board, plate, cling film, grater/zester, small plastic bag, shallow bowl, fork, 2 small plates, oven gloves.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Cut the coley into finger-sized pieces. Cover and put in the fridge.
- Zest the lemon.
- Place the corn flakes, lemon zest and herbs into the small plastic bag. Press everything together to crush the flakes into crumbs. Pour onto a plate.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Spread the flour on a plate.
- Toss each piece of fish in the flour. Then dunk in the egg and roll in the crumbs. Place on the baking sheet and continue with remaining fish.
- Cook the coley goujon for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- To make the dip, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve with the coley goujons.
- Try different fish such as salmon or haddock.
- Add pesto or garlic to the egg instead of lemon and herbs to the corn flakes.
- Use breadcrumbs instead of corn flakes.
- For something different, use slices of avocado instead of fish. Cook in the same way.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?