1 medium onion
150g lean pork, back bacon or gammon
1 reduced salt pork stock cube
100ml boiling water
400g can of reduced sugar and salt baked beans
1 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
Vegetable knife, chopping board, knife, red board, saucepan.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Slice the meat into thin slices about 3cm long.
- Add the spray oil to a saucepan and heat gently.
- Add the meat and onion, stir and cook for five minutes until the meat starts to brown and the onions are softened.
- Make up the stock in a jug with the boiling water.
- Add the baked beans, tomato purée and stock to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. If it becomes too dry, add about 50ml of water. Simmer until you have a thick sauce.
- Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Try using different beans such as borlotti, cannellini or black eyed and a can of chopped tomatoes instead of baked beans.
- Serve with jacket potatoes and sweetcorn or brown rice and a green salad.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?