450g Savoy cabbage
1 large onion
225g lean minced lamb
2 x 15ml spoon tomato ketchup
1 x 5ml spoon Worcestershire sauce
25g plain flour
1 x 15ml spoon oil
Vegetable peeler, chopping board, knife, large saucepan, non-stick frying pan, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, colander, potato masher, large mixing bowl, fork, small mixing bowl, flour dredger, fish slice, plate.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and chop the potatoes into large chunks;
• shred the cabbage;
• peel and finely chop the onion.
2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
3. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the cabbage. Simmer for a further 5-8 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the minced lamb and the onion until the mince is browned.
5. Stir in the ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce.
6. Drain the potatoes and cabbage.
7. Mash the potatoes and cabbage and transfer to a large bowl.
8. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
9. Stir the cooked mince and onion, beaten egg and flour into the bowl of mashed potatoes and cabbage.
10. Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
11. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into round patty shapes (roll into a ball and then flatten slightly).
12. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the patties in batches over a medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
• Serve with a poached egg and wilted spinach.
• Try using lean beef mince.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?