1 small mango
1 green chilli
1 green pepper
2 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
225g lean lamb leg steaks
½ x 5ml spoon chilli powder
2 x 5ml spoon olive oil
4-5 cherry tomatoes
2 x 5ml spoon sweet chilli sauce
10 x wooden skewers, knife, chopping board, juice squeezer, measuring spoons, weighing scales, 2 x small bowls, mixing spoon, tongs, oven gloves, plate.
1. Soak the skewers in water.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
• cut the flesh from the stone of the mango, peel and cut into chunks;
• deseed and finely chop the green chilli;
• deseed and finely chop the green pepper;
• finely chop the coriander;
• juice the lime half.
3. Using a clean knife and chopping board cut the lamb leg steaks into cubes.
4. Thread three cubes of lamb on to four wooden skewers (pre-soaked in water to prevent burning).
5. Mix the chilli powder and half of the oil in a small bowl.
6. Thread the mango chunks and 5 cherry tomatoes on to 4 separate skewers.
7. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbecue.
8. Grill the lamb kebabs for 8-10 minutes, brushing with the chilli oil and turning once, until the meat is cooked and the juices run clear.
9. Grill the mango chunks and cherry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
10. To make the mojo: combine the green chilli, 5ml (1tsp) oil, green pepper, coriander, sweet chilli sauce and the lime juice in a small bowl.
• Serve with a large vegetable salad and spoonfuls of the tasty mojos.
• If time permits the lamb cubes could be marinated before threading onto the skewers.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?