½ small cauliflower
2 large handfuls spinach
1 x 15ml spoon oil
2 x 15ml spoon medium curry powder
2 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
2 cans (400g approx.) chopped tomatoes
450g lean minced lamb
Vegetable knife, chopping board, vegetable peeler, large saucepan with lid, measuring spoon, mixing spoon, can opener, plate.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and chop the onion;
- cut the cauliflower into small florets;
- peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes;
- roughly chop the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the curry powder, tomato purée, cauliflower and potato and coat all the ingredients in the mixture.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Divide the mince into 14 portions and firmly shape these into balls using slightly damp hands.
- Gently stir the meatballs through the vegetables.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, place the lid on the saucepan and reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully stir the meatballs and vegetables, coating all the ingredients with the juice.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Try stirring through a mango chutney and serving with pumpkin pilau rice.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?