Smooth potatoes such as Desiree
Spread, butter or oil
Chicken or vegetable stock
Pepper for seasoning
Peeler, vegetable knife, chopping board, small saucepan, oven-proof pan or dish.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Choose small or medium, even sized potatoes.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes.
- Turn into 8-sided barrel shapes, about 5cm long and 2.5cm across in the centre, deducing to 1.5cm at each end.
- Prepare enough barrels for 2-3 per person.
- Gently melt the spread or butter in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Brush potatoes with melted spread/butter or oil and place in a pan suitable for the oven.
- Half cover with stock and season with pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven for about 1 hour, brushing the potatoes frequently with melted spread/butter or oil.
- When cooked the stock should be completely absorbed by the potatoes.
- Brush with melted spread/butter or oil.
- Serve lightly sprinkled with thyme, rosemary, oregano, or grated cheese.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?