2 large waxy potatoes
2 x slices of ham
2 spring onions
1/2 x 5ml spoon garlic purée
2 x 5ml spoon dried mixed herbs
Reduced fat crème fraiche to serve
Baking tray, vegetable peeler, grater, chopping board, knife, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, oven gloves.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F) or Gas mark 4.
2. Grease or line the baking tray.
3. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and grate the potato;
- chop the ham;
- snip or slice the spring onions.
4. Add the potato, ham, onion, garlic purée and herbs to the mixing bowl.
5. Mix everything together.
6. Using your hands, shape into 6-8 small rostis (flat pancakes), squeezing away any excess liquid.
7. Place on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- More vegetables can be added such as canned sweet corn or peas, peppers.
- Rosti can be fried, but baking is a healthier cooking option.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?