2 medium fluffy potatoes
e.g. Maris Piper or King Edward
1 x 5ml spoon oil
½ small onion
1 small garlic clove
1 x 5ml spoon curry powder or garam masala
1 x 200g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 x 5ml spoon tomato purée
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 100g baby spinach leaves
Fork, vegetable knife, chopping board, frying pan, wooden spoon, can opener, measuring jug, spoon, plate.
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork and place in the microwave on high (900W) for approximately 10 minutes, until soft. (Microwave times may vary).
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel and finely chop or crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently cook the onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry powder or garam masala and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and 400ml water.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the spinach leaves, cover and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, slit them open. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
- Spoon over the chickpea mixture and serve immediately.
- For a crispy potato skin, once cooked in the microwave, place the potatoes on a baking tray in a hot oven (220⁰C, 200⁰C Fan, Gas Mark 7) for approximately 20 minutes
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?