This course is based on the requirements of the Foundation Phase Framework and Key Stage 2 curriculum and the government's Core competences for children and young people aged 5 to 16 years.
- Module 1: Food in schools: Introducing the online training approach and key documents which support food teaching in school.
- Module 2: Food origins: Exploring where food comes from and some of the processes involved in producing food.
- Module 3: Healthy eating: Exploring the Eatwell Guide, its food groups, key messages and application.
- Module 4: Nutrition: Introducing energy, nutrients, fibre and water and the differing nutritional requirements throughout life.
- Module 5: Applied nutrition: Using nutrition knowledge to plan and prepare meals that contribute to a healthy varied diet.
- Module 6: Food safety: Considering and managing food safety and hygiene in the classroom.
- Module 7: Cooking: Managing and preparing the classroom, resources and pupils for safe and purposeful, practical food lessons.
- Module 8: Teaching: Planning a progressive, whole school approach to food.
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about teaching food in primary schools.
- Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of completion will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The online course supports Foundation Phase Framework (Wales); Key Stage 2 curriculum (Wales); Core Food Competences for children and young people aged 5 to 16 years.
Trainee and practising primary teachers across Wales.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?