75g dried apricots
50g butter or soft spread
2 x 15ml spoons golden syrup
Chopping board, knife, weighing scales, measuring spoons, saucepan, wooden spoon, spatula, non-stick baking tin, palette knife.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Chop the apricots into small pieces
- Place the fat, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and gently heat until the fat has melted.
- Stir in the oats and apricots.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick (or lined) baking tray.
- Pat down the mixture in the baking tin.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cut into ‘bars’ in the baking tin while hot.
- Vary the type of dried fruit used, e.g. sultanas, figs, mixed fruit.
- Add 1 x 15ml spoon cinnamon, ginger or mixed spice to the oat mixture
- Go for grated fresh apple or carrot.
- The baking tin gets hot so remember to use oven gloves.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?