1 clove garlic
2 x15ml spoons curry paste
2 x15ml spoons tomato puree
200g chickpeas, canned (drained)
1 can coconut milk
1 x 15ml spoon oil
Chopping board, sharp knife, weighing scales, saucepan, garlic press, wooden spoon, measuring jug, measuring spoons, colander, can opener.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and crush the garlic using a garlic press.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and tomato puree.
- Add the chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and/or naan bread.
- Use 400ml water and 1 vegetable stock cube instead of coconut milk.
- Add other vegetables and pulses to the curry, e.g. courgettes, peas, red kidney beans.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?