300g salad potatoes e.g. Charlotte
1 x 15ml spoon rapeseed oil
2 small chicken breasts (approx. 250g)
1 onion, (approx. 150g)
1 x 15ml spoon medium madras curry powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
For the raita:
150g tub fat-free natural yogurt
1 x 15ml spoon fresh mint
Scales, knife, chopping board, saucepan with lid, colander, measuring spoons, frying pan with lid, wooden spoon, can opener, small mixing bowl, grater.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
- dice the potatoes;
- cut the chicken into small pieces;
- peel and slice the onion;
- deseed and grate the cucumber;
- chop the mint.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken and onion for 5 minutes until browned. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and 50ml water, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, stir all the raita ingredients together and serve with the curry.
- Add a variety of different vegetables such as sliced okra, aubergine or spinach.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?