400g lean beef mince
1 red onion
1 small egg
Flour, for dusting
Mixing bowl, chopping board, knife, plate, fish slice.
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Mix the minced beef with the onion, egg and black pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 balls. Dust hands in flour and flatten each ball into a burger shape. Thoroughly wash and dry hands after touching the raw meat.
- Cook on the barbeque or under the grill until cooked – about 5 minutes each side. Ensure no pink meat remains.
- Add chopped mushrooms, chilli, garlic or herbs to the meat mixture.
- Use lamb, pork or turkey mince for a change.
- Serve the burger in a bun with lots of salad.
- Shape into balls and serve with a rich tomato sauce on pasta.
- Double the recipe and freeze half (uncooked) for another time.
Portion / Divide
Form & Shape
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?