1 slice of bread from a large loaf
1 large clove of garlic
1 x 5ml spoon smoked paprika
Food processor, garlic press, sharp knife, chopping board, measuring spoon, frying pan, wooden spoon, can opener, large mixing bowl, fork, grill pan, fish slice.
- Preheat the grill.
- Blitz the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
- Using the spray oil, fry the mushrooms gently with the garlic and paprika for five minutes until soft.
- Drain the chickpeas and mash with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into 4 even sized burgers.
- Grill the burgers for 8 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Swap the chickpeas with different beans, e.g. borlotti beans, kidney beans, butter beans.
- Add cooked mashed vegetables to the burger mixture, e.g. sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash.
- Use different herbs and spices, e.g. basil, chilli flakes or curry powder.
- Use granary bread for the breadcrumbs for added texture.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?