8 x strawberries
6 x peach slices (canned in juice, drained)
40g porridge oats
150g low fat natural yogurt
Kitchen scales, chopping board, table knife, fork, plate, 2 x spoons, 2 x 250ml transparent plastic cups, 2 x food bags.
- Hull and then slice the strawberries.
- Chop the peaches.
- Spoon ¼ of the oats into each cup.
- Spoon ¼ of the yogurt into each cup.
- Put six slices of strawberry to one side (to add to the cups at the end).
- Divide the remaining strawberries between the two cups.
- Share the rest of the oats between the two cups.
- Divide the sultanas between the two cups.
- Share the peaches between the two cups.
- Divide the remaining yogurt between the two cups.
- Top the cups with the six slices of strawberry set aside earlier.
- Place each cup in a food bag and tie the top. (The food bags will help prevent spillage should the cups tip over.)
- Place the cups in a fridge overnight.
- The next day, stir the cups so the layers are mixed and enjoy!
- Try other types of yogurt.
- Experiment with different fruit, e.g. pears, apricots, pineapple.
- Try frozen fruit, e.g. berries, pomegranate.
- Add a small pinch of cinnamon to the sultanas.
- Try layering the ingredients in different ways.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?