1/2 red pepper
1 x 10ml spoon oil
150g long grain rice
550ml water, boiling
1 x 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder or 1 stock cube
1 x 10ml spoon curry powder
Chopping board, knife, saucepan, wooden spoon, weighing scales, measuring jug, measuring spoons.
- Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- slice the mushrooms;
- dice the red pepper;
- chop the tomato.
- Fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add the stock, peas and curry powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- To serve place the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped tomato on top.
- Try different vegetables such as sweetcorn or frozen mixed vegetables.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?